Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. Mold grows best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, spreading and reproducing by making spores.
Cladosporium, Penicillium, Alternaria, and Aspergillus
Most people are sensitive to mold. Exposure to mold can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people, such as those with serious allergies to mold, may have more severe reactions. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs. As of 2004, there is significant research tying indoor mold exposure to: upper respiratory tract symptoms, coughing and wheezing in otherwise healthy individuals, and increased asthma symptoms in people with asthma.
Mold can be found in virtually every environment and can be detected both indoors and outdoors. Warm, humid conditions significantly enhance mold growth. Indoors, mold can be found where humidity levels are high, such as in basements, kitchens, or restrooms.
If there is mold growth in your home, American Scientific & Environmental Consulting can clean up the mold and ensure it is within a healthy level. Mold growth can be removed from hard surfaces with our fungicide. NOTE- it is very important to have a properly trained professional reduce the mold in your home, due to the fact of how quickly mold can spread if not handled properly.
American Scientific & Environmental Consulting can test any home or building for mold using our live culture tests. The tests are in individual petri dishes which collect live mold spores, and are then compared to outside samples. If the inside levels are higher than outside, mold mitigation must be done to ensure healthy living space.